Saturday, July 7, 2007

Why I wrote this book

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wrote this book because I want my son to be accepted and liked for who his is not what he should be or how he should act. He does want to play with other kids. He just does not know what to do or how to approach. He plays nicely with his 3 yr old sister and can play board games, card games and video games. He is much better with taking turns. I am guessing that right now at 6, he is playing like a 3-4 year old. If you see him on the playground, you would not see it. He runs around, looks back if someone is chasing him, follows others up and down the slide and laughs along with others. Then try and talk to him. Ask him a question that requires a real answer. Then you can see it. Not glaring, but still there. We have come a long way, we have a long way to go.

If you see us on the playground, ask him to play. He will say "yes."

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

How can I get a copy of your book? I have a five year old transitioning into K in the fall. Please help.

Gina Pintar said...

The website to purchase the book is being completed this weekend and I will have the link on the blog.
Thank you for your interest! If you send me an email, I can forward your email to the publisher and you can purchase right away.

Lisa-Marie Begerow said...

Congratulations Gina!!! How lucky we all are that you are sharing your story, can't wait to read it! Tons of love, get in touch when you can. LM & Jackeroo

marcimoran said...

Gina,
I think it's great how you're taking such a proactive and positive approach to raising both your children. I work with a nonprofit in Los Angeles called Shane's Inspiration. Our mission is to break through the barriers of bias toward children with disabilities by creating Universally Accessible Playgrounds and programs that integrate children of all abilities socially, emotionally, and physically. One of our volunteers forwarded me your blog, which I loved. I don't know where you live, but if you're near L.A., please check out our website for our Shane's Club schedule. It's a free monthly playdate at one of our Universally Accessible Playgrounds where we bring kids of all abilities together for a day of play. We get great hosts, like Disney, Universal, Kiwanis, etc. who bring fun guests and arts & crafts. Feel free to email me for more info, if you'd like or our website is: www.shanesinspiration.org. Both your kids would have a blast!
Take care,
Marci Moran